* Sieve flour and baking powder
together. Keep aside. Remove the seeds from the dates and
boil in half cup of water. Mash them with a fork.
* Grease a tin. Pour the mixture. Decorate with walnut halves.
* Mix oil and sugar well in a large mixing bowl. Add half of the
dates and chopped walnuts to the oil mixture.
* Beat eggs till well blended. Add flour to it and beat for 5 to 7
minutes, then add the oil and date mixture to it. Beat and add the
remaining walnuts and dates. Beat for 2 minutes.
* Bake in a preheated oven at 180o C for 20 to 30
minutes. Test the cake by pricking it with a knife. If it
comes out clean, the cake is ready.
* Cool for 5-7 minutes and remove from tin.